Check out some of the ministry highlights from CHET!
- CHET satellite locations now include the following locations: San Diego 2 sites, Los Angeles 3 sights, Walnut Creek 1 site, Chicago Illinois 2 sites, Minneapolis Minnesota 1 site, La Villa Texas 1 site, Mexicali Mexico 1 site.
- Six hundred plus students are currently matriculating at CHET.
- CHET training aids students work in India. Melvin Ardon, CHET Bachelor of Christian Ministry Program student ministers in Nagaland northeast India province.
- CHET hires Rev. Dr. Manuel Valencia to serve as the new Dean/Faculty leader. His duties include overseeing the satellite sites, serving faculty and administrative tasks.
- President Ed Delgado is serving on a national commission formed by the Association of Theological Schools/ATS (the accrediting body that accredits all seminaries in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico) and the Association for Hispanic Theological Education/AETH to develop criteria for helping Latino Bible Institutes, like CHET, become affiliate members of the ATS. The ATS formed this commission because it recognizes the tremendous work that such Bible Institutes are doing among Latino communities and churches, a work that the ATS has failed to accomplish through its accredited seminaries.
- December 3, 2011, was Graduation Day for seventy four students from the Pre-Ministerial, Ministerial and Family Counseling Programs. Four scholarships were awarded to outstanding students. These came from two scholarship funds entrusted to CHET, the Eldon and Opal Johnson Scholarship Fund and the second by the Barney II Foundation Lyle and Rosie Stokes Servant Leadership Program.
- CHET has now graduated more than 800 individuals during its 21-year history.
- Approximately $40,660 of CHET’s annual income comes from individual donors with CHET subsidizing 70% of the student costs; this income is vital in training Hispanic pastors, church planter, counselors, teachers and lay leaders.
- CHET has inaugurated a new channel through which contributions can be received. Basically it allows donors to charge credit/debit cards (or E-check amounts) with the contributions they wish to make. Donors simply need to go to the CHET website, and then click on the tab for “Partnership Opportunities/Donate Now.”